Sunday, February 27, 2011

Style Weekend & my favorite quote

Yes, I seem to have my hand in a lot of different pots but I have a lot of different interests and lately, thanks to my stylish sister-in-law, (yes Chelsey I mean you) one of them is style. Mainly, mommy friendly styling.  I spend most of my week at home but at least once a week, Sunday not included, I like to dress up, put on some makeup and feel a little less haphazardly put together.  So now, in addition to Awkward Awesome Thursdays, Foodie Fridays, and Hot Sweaty Mama Monday, I'm introducing Style Weekend, where I can show off my pretty days, even when I don't get to leave the house.  Kicking off Style Weekend is the lovely pair of boots I found on clearance at Target this week (shhh, twelve buck-a-roos!).  They may be a half a size too big but I think I pull them off.
                                                                                                            
Today's blogger challenge is my favorite quote.  This one hangs on my wall at home reminding me to enjoy the ride.
Life is like an old time rail journey - delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed.  The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride.
- Gordon B. Hinckley

2 comments:

  1. I'm still working on finding that perfect pair of boots. The pair that is timeless, classy AND a good price. Good job finding a great pair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the boots so much! Nothing like finding something you love AND it being a killer deal!

    ReplyDelete

Followers