Friday, February 25, 2011

Day 3: Favorite T.V. Show & a little something extra for the foodies

Ok, this one is much easier for me.  I won't pretend to be some enlightened human being who only turns on the T.V. for CNN and the occasional documentary on flesh eating bacteria that will one day wipe out our society; I love prime time T.V.  I watch often and it is probably the most relaxing part of my day.  I look forward to that 7 p.m. hour when Liam is down, work is done, and I can veg out with a good sitcom or soap.  So the favorites are as follows (in no particular order)
- Psych, holla to Chelsey and Owen for this wonderful gem
- Grey's Anatomy, yes, the guilty pleasure
- Private Practice, the sister spin-off to Grey's
- Glee
- How I Met Your Mother, this generation's Seinfield meets Cheers
And of course the standard NBC Thursday night line up
- The Office
- 30 Rock
- Community
- And my newest favorite, Perfect Couples; seriously people, this show is the funniest thing since the second season of the Office.
                                                                                                             
In other news, I'm starting Foodie Fridays!  I love, love, love food and I love to cook and bake.  My passion lays in making healthy, tasty food.  I've discovered and invented some pretty amazing recipes over the years and I think its high time I pass my delicious experiments on to you, my adoring public.
Kicking off Foodie Friday is one of my all time favorite shacks, kale chips.  You know that 3 p.m. craving for saltiness that you think will only be cured by potato chips, which you know will be followed by crushing guilt if you give in?  Kale chips are the cure.  I'm not kidding folks, these babies taste just like potato chips, or at least enough like them to satisfy that crispy, crunchy urge.  Try them, I promise you will not be disappointed.
Rough Recipe:
  • Preheat oven to about 375*
  • Use about 1 OXO salad spinner’s worth of kale (which was a stuffed grocery store veggie bag). Tear the leaves off the thick stems into bite size pieces. Spread out on cookie sheets.
  • Drizzle with about 2 tsp of olive oil
  • Sprinkle with Parmesan, Asiago or your seasonings of choice. Plus a sprinkle of kosher salt.
  • Bake for about 15 minutes, until edges are brown and kale is crispy when moved in pan.
*I must give credit where credit is due; this delightful craving cruncher is brought to you by katheats.com http://www.katheats.com/favorite-foods/kale-chips

2 comments:

  1. Great minds (or something akin to that) must think alike! We just had these a couple weeks ago and I loved them. Even the kids ate them up! As you read in a previous post, I have a major sweet tooth, but when you need something to munch and crunch on, these are perfect. Plus, like you said, there is no guild whatsoever--it's health-food! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea you watched "grey's"!! I'm in love with that show and got James addicted too. Is Private Practice with the ex-mrs. Sheperd? Maybe I'll have to watch that too. Most of the time I hate things like this where you have to answer "get to know you" questions, but in this case, I like them! I feel like I'm getting to know you so much better.

    ReplyDelete

Followers