Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Personal hygiene parody

My Daily Soliloquy

To shave or not to shave.  That is the question. 
 For whether tis nobler in personal hygiene to use my scant time
 to rid myself of unsightly stubble
 or to take up arms against a sea of oral bacteria 
and by flossing end them.  to maintain pearly whites, to be cavity free.
Once more.  And by flossing to say it is less important 
to shave, to style hair, to apply mascara
that is necessary to improve my condition. Tis a consummation
Devoutly to be wished, to be daily primped 
to perfection -- perchance to appear put together: ay, there's the rub.
For in that perfection, I'm not as good a mommy.


Seriously though, I've said it before, and I'll say it again.  The dirtier, hungrier, more tired I am.  The cleaner, well fed and happier Liam is.  This morning, like every morning, I had 10 minutes to practice personal hygiene.  I used 2 of those minutes standing in the shower deciding if it was more important to shave my legs today or floss. Let alone do my hair or put on make-up.  Now, before I start sounding too pitiable, I will confess that I actually have a full hour in the morning to take care of myself.  But I usually chose to spend most of that hour working out. I could get up a little earlier, but I'm running on 6 hours or less of sleep most days as it is.  And that's about my limit.
But it's worth it.  I love being a Mom.  Even if most days I look less than put together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers