Thursday, February 24, 2011

Day 2 & Awkward Awesome Thursday

Like my favorite song, I have no favorite movie, which is what today's post is supposed to be about.  Movies I like to watch change depending on my mood.  I could give the standard answers of The Princess Bride or Monty Python and the Holy Grail but aren't those everyone's favorites?  Questions about 'favorites' really bother me because I feel like I am being asked to classify myself into one small category when really my tastes run over a wide range.  However, in the interest of being true to the 30 day blogger challenge, I will give the last 5 movies I watched.
- 17 Again
- The Incredibles
- Ice Age
- Monster's Inc.
- Love Potion #9
That, to the best of my memory, is the list of my last 5 films.  Although, unlike my ipods listing of top songs, none of those could really be considered favorites.  Yep, that's about it.
                                                                                              
On to my Awesome & Awkward week
Awkward:
- Liam has been sick all week ... which is not so much awkward but awful.  But when I took Liam to the Dr. he asked me if I was still giving Liam fluoride drops.  I looked confusedly at the Dr. for a minute before remembering the prescription I was given for them 4 months ago but never filled.  Yep, bad mommy.
- Made a pot of cabbage soup on Saturday and then just left it there until last night, not because I was too lazy to refrigerate the leftovers, but because I didn't think it was that good but I couldn't justify throwing away a whole pot of soup.  But tossing it 5 nights later because it's spoiled, no problems.
- Our living situation ... I still need to blog about how we live in one room and people frequently stroll unannounced through our kitchen.  
- I made no bake cookies twice this week because the first time I ate them so fast that Freddie was surprised to come home and find THEM ALL GONE the next day.  To alleviate my guilt I made more, so it's like I never at an entire batch on my own in the first place.

Awesome:
- Half of this should go in the awkward section but I can't really go into detail about it so I will just post the awesome part, Freddie is getting more hours at work for the next few weeks.  Can you say "Pay Day!"
- Liam's favorite new word is DADADADA, so cute.
- The hot ham and cheese sandwich I had for lunch; classic grade school tastiness.
- I have a Valentine's Day balloon still floating in the corner of our room.

Hope you all have a week with much awesome and little awkward.

1 comment:

  1. Alrighty...I didn't even know you guys had a blog!?! And I've already cracked up just reading your most recent post! Hooray! And you are most assuredly better about posting than I am. I need to work on that.
    Good luck with the burritos...they really are one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete

Followers