Thursday, January 13, 2011

Hide and seek

I've taken to hiding from my son.  He is going through this phase where if he can't see me, he isn't happy.  It's so bad that when I bath him at night, I can't sit on the toilet while he plays, I can't even sit comfortably on the floor by the tub; I have to be hanging over the side, with my hands in the water or he cries.  Freddie can put him to sleep just fine, but if I leave him in his crib and say "night night" he screams and cries as if I'm never coming back.  It was cute at first; endearing even.  But now I'm getting frustrated by how clingy he is.  I'm having a really hard time getting anything done.
So I'm hiding from my son.  I put him down to play, distract him with toys (read, 'my car keys') and then try really hard to stay out of his line of sight for as long as possible.  I am currently writing this post from the floor beside my bed, a spot where he has no view of me from his current position.  Problem is, once I finish, I'm not sure how to leave with out him seeing me.
Really though, it's only a matter of time before he realizes I'm missing and he starts to cry for me to play with him ... and there he is.  Time to play peek a boo.
Adorable even when cranky.  

1 comment:

  1. I agree he still is cute even when he is cranky! You can hide for a little while if you want me and Owen to babysit again...though I understand if you aren't really ready for that (Owen claims he's learned his lesson!) :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers