Monday, January 3, 2011

2010 Highlights

I can not believe that it is already 2011.  My Mom mentioned to me the other day that when she was younger (we'll say teen years) she could not even comprehend living in the year 2011.  
Anyway, another year has come and gone and I feel the need to point out this years big points.


#1 Surprise Event
Freddie and I both changed jobs this year.  Freddie now works for the wonderful Photoworks Portrait Studio in Orem and they are lucky to have him. If you were intrigued by my shameless plug please visit their facebook page http://www.facebook.com/photoworksportraitstudio 
and their blog http://photoworksportraitstudio.blogspot.com/  I of course, found a wonderful job running a framing shop.  We live at the shop so I never have to leave home to work.  I am definitely loving my job although a major goal for this 2011 year is to drum up more business ... now for another shameless plug; call me for all your custom framing needs.  


#1 Big Purchase
2010 also marks the passing of our faithful cavalier, a car that was not just a vehicle to us, but a vessil of adventure.  In the short 3 years we owned it, we put a record amount of highway behind us and visited most of the western U.S.  On a positive note, we did lease a 2010 Corolla that we have since put 11,000 miles on (mostly highway of course) and we are happy to say that it is a sensible, reliable, fun vehicle.  


#1 Best Discovery
Of personal note, I discovered skinny jeans this year and I must say, I love them.  Not only are they great with flats, but they are so boot friendly I can't believe I didn't go the skinny route years ago.  
Plus, as new mommy, I feel like I can wear jeans and still look put together in a flash.
#1 event in Schooling
With this one there is a big tie.  Freddie changed majors from Math to Visual Arts and Communications; a move which has been long in coming and very welcome.  We are excited to see what he will be able to do in this field.  The other event in schooling is that I graduated!  Finally.  I really can't say anything that will emphasize how awesome this event is except, GRADUATED.
Finally, 


#1 Overall best event this year
Of course the best thing about 2010, we got Liam.  He is amazing and I still don't know how I ended up with him.  
I hope everyone had as wonderful a 2010 as I did; I'm looking forward to the highlights of 2011.  Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. Cute Kirsten! It's so good to here about your life updates!

    ReplyDelete

Followers